Recently, I made a half-serious comment that Muslims should be banneded from driving because Jihadist terrorists have been killing in the West by “marauding”. It involves using a vehicle to mow people down in a crowded area.
Here’s more evidence that allowing Muslims drive is as dangeous as allowing the “wrong” Muslim to lead a machine-gun unit* or fly SAF planes.
A lorry was driven into a Stockholm department store last Friday, killing four and injuring more. The Swedish police are holding a 39-year-old from Uzbekistan who had lived in the country for some time.
And even more evidence courtesy of the BBC when it carried a story on the Swedish attack:
Timeline: Vehicle ramming attacks in Europe and the US
- 14 July 2016, Nice, France: A man drove a lorry for 2km (1.2 miles) through a large crowd gathered to watch Bastille Day fireworks in Nice. Eighty-six people were killed, and more than 300 injured.
- 28 November 2016, Ohio, United States: An 18-year-old student rammed his car into a group of pedestrians at Ohio State University and stabbed others. Eleven people were injured before he was shot and killed.
- 19 December 2016, Berlin, Germany: The attack in Berlin killed 12 people and injured 49, when a man drove a lorry through the crowded Breitscheidplatz Christmas market. So-called Islamic State said one of its “soldiers” carried out the attack.
- 22 March 2017, London, United Kingdom: Five people died and at least 50 were injured when a car mounted the pavement on London’s Westminster bridge and drove at high speed through pedestrians. The attacker then entered the parliament complex on foot and fatally stabbed a police officer, before being shot.
- 23 March 2017, Antwerp, Belgium: A man was caught by soldiers after he drove at a crowd. Knives, a non-lethal gun and a dangerous substance were found in his car – but no-one was injured. Terror charges were later dropped.
Still think Muslims should be allowed to drive in countries where non-Muslims are the majority?
*1999 Sep 18, Tanjong Pagar: “If, for instance, you put in a Malay officer who’s very religious and who has family ties in Malaysia in charge of a machine-gun unit, that’s a very tricky business. We’ve got to know his background. I’m saying these things because they are real, and if I don’t think that, and I think even if today the Prime Minister doesn’t think carefully about this, we could have a tragedy. So, these are problems which, as poly students, you’re colour-blind to, but when you face life in reality, it’s a different proposition.” Guess who said this? No prizes though.